Support and Resources
This area of the website provides support and resources for residents, communities and those involved in (or wishing to get involved in) running community groups. You will also be able to find links to partner organisations in Leicestershire, which provide specific support and resources.
Community Engagement Toolkit for Town & Parish Councils
This toolkit contains guidance for Town & Parish Councils, around ways of undertaking activities with communities within their Parish/Town area, including initiatives that Parish/Town Councils can lead the development of.
Developing a Community Idea
This section includes a step-by-step guide to developing a community idea, from planning and inception, to implementation and evaluation.
- Volunteering - includes advice and support for organisations who use volunteers, and for people interested in become involved in volunteering
- Group Support - a range of information for community groups, including advice around accessing funding, governance, business planning and training.
- Training - information on training activities for community groups.
- Good Neighbour Schemes - support and advice to help communities to set up and run volunteer-led Good Neighbour Schemes
- Community Buildings Service - this service is available to provide professional advice and support to volunteers and Parish Councils who have responsibility for operating village halls and other community buildings
Support provided by CASE
CASE (Co-operative & Social Enterprise Development Agency) delivers advice, support and training to people who want to set up a social enterprise, community interest company or a co-operative.
Support for Parish & Town Councils
The Leicestershire & Rutland Association of Local Councils (LRALC) is a membership organisation which provides information, advice and support to Parish/Town Councils.
Support provided by Locality
Locality is a national organisation that provides a range of support to communities and community groups, including the following:
Support provided by the UK Veterans Hearing Foundation
The charity aims to help UK veterans suffering from hearing loss caused by their years of service to access funding and the aftercare they require. There are no costs to the veteran and the charity accesses funding directly from the government as well as donations from the general public and armed forced benevolent funds.
The Ear Wax Removal Specialists
Partnering with the UK Veterans Hearing Foundation are the The Ear Wax Removal Specialists. This is a free online tool that enables people to find audiologists near to them using an interactive map. It can be used to find audiologists who are still open during the pandemic and request home visits.