VAL Promotes National Trustee Week 2nd to 6th November
Posted: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 09:33
As part of National Trustee Week which runs from the 2nd to 6th November 2020 VAL has posted updated information from the Charity Commission.
The Charity Commission has redesigned its guidance to make the role and responsibilities of a Trustee clearer.
A new set of 5 minute guides have been produced which will consist of:
- Maximum 1000 words, with the idea that amount of wording should take 5 minutes to read
- Prioritising the issues most readers need to know about – specifically the 6 key duties of a trustee as described in the Essential Trustee CC3 guidance
- Accessible language to make it easier for trustees who have English as a second language
- Mix of principle and practical to help trustees who may want or need a refresher
- A clear 'call to action' – what should the reader do as a result of the guidance