Leicestershire County Council has established a £1m fund to support the local voluntary and community sector, during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Charities, constituted voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises can apply for a minimum of £5,000 and a maximum of £25,000 for support with the following activities:
- Support for core organisational running costs, for organisations who have experienced a loss of income due to services closing or operating at a reduced level and where this may lead to the permanent closure of the organisation
- Additional staffing capacity required to meet existing/current or increased demand for services, to support vulnerable people during the crisis
- The need to rapidly adapt current service delivery models to maintain contact with service users
- Funding for essential capital equipment such as ICT equipment, safety equipment e.g. PPE. or any other essential equipment
- Funding for use of vehicles, transport, fuel etc. to enable visits to service users
- Funding for increased expenses costs such as reimbursing travel costs for staff/volunteers who need to visit service users, if it safe to do so, in their home or in other locations.
- Anything else deemed acceptable in relation to the criteria for the Fund
How to apply for funding
Please complete the online application form below to tell us how much funding you are requesting and what the funding will be used for.
Please note the funding can only be offered to voluntary and community sector organisations to help them to support vulnerable people in Leicestershire, due to the impacts of the current Coronavirus pandemic.
The maximum amount you can apply for is £25,000.
If you have any queries regarding the Leicestershire Communities Fund, please email: LeicestershireCommunities@leics.gov.uk
After submitting your application, you will see a message on your screen, with your application reference number, confirming that your application has been submitted successfully.
Before submitting this application form, you will need to agree to the information contained in the attached document.
Please ensure you have read the document before selecting 'I agree' to the Declaration below.
Failure to agree to this statement will result in your application not being processed.
Data Protection Declaration 2020 21 (PDF, 94 Kb)