Safer Community Celebration Awards - Nominations now OPEN
Posted: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:40
A new awards contest has been launched to honour Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland's community heroes.
Leicestershire is home to a fantastic array of positive and inspiring community organisations, youth leaders, faith groups, wellbeing champions and many, many more and we are inviting you to nominate an individual or group which has benefitted your community and met the PCC's key safety ambitions.
Nominees can be volunteers, members of the public or those who work in a professional capacity and anyone can nominate including public sector workers, representatives from charity, voluntary or statutory organisations as well as local residents.
Nominations are sought in the following categories:
- Viable Partnerships - An individual or group who has actively collaborated with others to build strong relationships, improve engagement and respond to shared areas of work within communities.
- Visible Policing - An individual or group who has worked to protect people from harm and enhance public confidence.
- Victim Services - An individual or group who has worked to ensure that victims and witnesses of crime are supported.
- Vulnerability Protection - An individual or group who has supported those whose circumstances mean they are unable to protect themselves from harm. Or someone who has worked to identify and raise awareness of the causes of vulnerability.
- Value for Money - An individual or group who has provided effective, economic and efficient services to the Police and Crime Commissioner or their community, whilst ensuring that the social value from the provision of those services has also been maximised.
- Special Recognition – An individual or group who have gone over and above their duties and made an exceptional contribution to the delivery of the Police & Crime Plan.
Nominees will be shortlisted by a judging panel in November.
The closing date for nominations is midday on Monday 4th November 2019.
The work included in the nomination must have been undertaken, at least in part, between May 2016 and October 2019.
The nomination form can be found below and via this website.