Grant Funding Available for Leicestershire Holiday Activities & Food Provision
Posted: Fri, 10 May 2019 16:18
Leicestershire County Council has developed a strategic partnership with the national children's charity, Barnardo's.
As a result of this partnership, Leicestershire County Council and Barnardo's (along with Leicestershire & Rutland Sport and Voluntary Action Leicestershire) have secured £798,000 from the Department for Education, for the purposes of supporting a Holiday Activities and Food Programme for Leicestershire, to take place over the summer of 2019.
Barnardo's will operate as the local coordinating organisation for this programme, which will make grant funding available for any organisation that is able to deliver Holiday Activities which include Food provision, within Leicestershire, during the summer of 2019.
The programme is specifically targeted to offer provision to children who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), for four hours a day, four days a week, for four weeks (4:4:4).
The aim of the programme is to provide funding to organisations who can deliver school holiday provision for children (and where appropriate, their parents) to achieve the following:
- to eat more healthily over the summer holidays;
- to be more active over the summer holidays;
- to take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing and other skills;
- to be safe and not to be socially isolated;
- to have greater knowledge of health and nutrition; and
- to be more engaged with school and other local services and to have greater knowledge and awareness of local free holiday provision.
The programme will invite bids from all types of organisations, including charities and other third sector organisations, as well as existing holiday club providers who can demonstrate the ability to develop their existing provision to include food provision for FSM-eligible children.
Schools can also apply if they are operating holiday clubs.
For more information, or to apply for funding, please click here.
The deadline for applications is Friday 31st May 2019, so the turnaround for decisions is quite tight.