Net Zero Strategy and Action Plan for Leicestershire
Posted: Fri, 13 May 2022 11:17
Leicestershire County Council invites you to share your thoughts and ideas on Leicestershire's ambitious plans to become a net zero county by 2045
A major consultation has been launched by the council on proposals to make the county cleaner greener and healthier.
Residents, businesses, councils, universities and others are being urged to help shape ambitious plans to make Leicestershire a net zero carbon county by 2045 by getting involved in a major consultation.
Leicestershire County Council is inviting people to comment on how changing the way they travel, how they run and maintain their homes, and how what they buy from day-to-day can help to protect the environment.
Running over three months, the consultation focuses on a net zero action plan which sets out key goals including:
- Reducing carbon emissions generated by transport
- Reducing energy use in buildings – plus improving energy efficiency and adding new renewable energy generation
- Supporting businesses to go green and grow the low carbon economy
- Supporting communities to tackle climate change
- Increasing the removal and storage of carbon in natural systems like soil and forests
The consultation is open until 26 July and includes a planned social media campaign with the hashtag #NetZeroLeicestershire, a Facebook live and discussions with young people - as part of the wider engagement process.
To learn more about our net zero ambitions and to fill in our survey please visit the More Information link below.
For copies of the questionnaire in other formats, please email NetZero@leics.gov.uk