The national lockdown restrictions in England were lifted on Monday 19th January 2021.
The rules are now as follows:
- People do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people they do not live with. There are no limits on the number of people that can meet in groups. Covid-19 has not gone away and there is government guidance on the actions people can take to keep themselves and others safe.
- The requirement to wear face coverings in law has been lifted however it is recommended and expected that people wear face coverings in crowded areas.
- The government is no longer instructing people to work from home if they can.
- To help stop the spread of covid-19 in workplaces, it is recommended that:
- where possible steps are taken to increase the amount of ventilation
- there continues to be an increased cleaning regime
- people are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and hand sanitisers are provided where possible.
- Any staff or volunteers with covid-19 symptoms must self-isolate. You should not allow someone you know is self-isolating, to come to work.
- Clinically extremely vulnerable people are advised, as a minimum, to follow the same guidance as everyone else. You can read further guidance on protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable.
- The government encourages organisations in higher risk settings to use the NHS Covid Pass as a condition of entry, in order to reduce the risk of covid-19. This will especially be the case in large crowded settings where people are likely to be in close proximity to others outside their household.
- Conversations About Covid
Leicestershire County Council in undertaking a project to explore and capture the experiences of Leicestershire residents, in terms of the impacts of the pandemic on our communities. We would like to hear from you, about your experiences of the pandemic, how it has affected you and those around you.
- Transport to Medical Appointments
A number of community based organisations and charities are offering transport to appointments for people who require support with getting to appointments, including Covid vaccination and other medical appointments and Community Transport provision in your area.
- Rapid Community Testing for Covid
Information about rapid asymptomatic community test (lateral flow test) and details of the places in Leicestershire and Leicester City which are offering free, rapid community-based Covid tests within this section.
Information and Support
As we know, the impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic were felt all over the world.
Here in Leicestershire, we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all of our residents and communities.
We will continue to post relevant information regarding Coronavirus here on the Leicestershire Communities website.
Below are a series of links to other websites providing information about Coronavirus.
If you are concerned that you may have symptoms of Coronavirus, contact NHS 111.
- Age UK Leicestershire & Rutland
Information for older people who are concerned about Coronavirus. You can call Age UK on (0116) 2992239 for more information.
Bereavement Information (PDF, 269 Kb)
Information for families, carers and friends who have recently lost a loved one due to Coronavirus, in LLR.
- Blaby - Community Hub
Supporting vulnerable people in Blaby during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Business Gateway Growth Hub
Support for Leicester and Leicestershire Businesses during the pandemic
A range of free support guides on a whole range of topics including Remote Working and Video Conferencing
- Charity Digital
Help for charities to be more digital. Pose digital questions that you or your organisation may have as a result of COVID-19
- Charnwood Community Actiion
Charnwood Borough Council, working with John Storer Charnwood, has launched Charnwood Community Action – a campaign to help support, advise and guide groups and people who are volunteering to help others in the borough.
- Community Buildings - Guidance during Covid-19
Information and advice about the re-opening and safe usage of community buildings during the pandemic
Information from the Co-op on ways you can help your local community during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Coronavirus - BBC News
Information about Coronavirus from the BBC News website
- Coronavirus - NHS Information
Information about Coronavirus on the NHS website
Coronavirus Testing (PDF, 246 Kb)
Advice about how and when you should get tested for Coronavirus
- Coronavirus - What you need to do
Information about the latest situation concerning Coronavirus from the Government
- Coping Calendar
30 actions to look after yourself and others
- Covid-19 Self Test
A quick way of determining whether or not you may have symptoms of Coronavirus
- Covid Mutual Aid Volunteers
Covid Mutual Aid UK is a group of volunteers supporting local community groups organising mutual aid throughout the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK.
- Educational Resources for Children
Learning resources for teaching children at home
- Environment & Transport Updates
Latest updates for Communities & Parish Councils.
Face Mask Exemption Cards (PDF, 122 Kb)
Cut out and keep cards for people who are unable to wear a face mask covering, for various health or disability related reasons.
- Guidance on Social Distancing
Government guidance on social distancing, for everyone in the UK, including children
- Homelessness Information
Guidance for hostel or day centres for people rough sleeping
- Harborough District Community Support Hub
A call for help by Harborough District Council to all Voluntary & Community organisations to look at what support is being provided and what can be provided to vulnerable people in the community
Health Advice & Guidance (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
A guide to healthy living produced by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Leicestershire Adult Learning Service - FREE Supported Learning (PDF, 96 Kb)
Information about how to access FREE supported learning for people in Leicestershire during the lockdown period.
- Leicestershire County Council
Information about Coronavirus on Leicestershire County Council's website
- Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards Service
Facebook page containing useful information to help protect Leicestershire residents from scams and other unlawful activities.
- Meditation, Mindfulness and Wellbeing Resources
Free resources, including guided video meditations for people who are self-isolating
- Melton Community Hub
The Melton Borough Covid-19 Support Hub has been created to coordinate, help and support residents across the borough during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing during Covid19
A range of useful information, tools and resources around maintaining positive mental health and wellbeing during the pandemic.
- National Trading Standards - Avoiding Scams
There has been an increase in criminals trying to exploiting fears about COVID-19. National Trading Standards have advice on how to protect yourself and others.
- National Youth Agency - Guidance for managing youth sector activities
Guidance for managing youth sector activities and spaces during COVID-19
- North West Leicestershire - Support for Communities during the pandemic
Information about how NWLDC is working to support, advise, guide and co-ordinate groups and people who are volunteering to help others in the district during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Oadby & Wigston Community Hub
A 'Community Hub' initiative has been launched by the Council for vulnerable residents living within Oadby, Wigston and South Wigston needing additional support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and also for individuals, voluntary organisations and/or businesses who wish to volunteer their time or services to help those in need across the Borough during the pandemic.
- Rapid Community Testing for Covid
Information about where you can go to get a rapid community-based Covid test in Leicester and Leicestershire
Registering a Death during the Coronavirus pandemic (PDF, 560 Kb)
Details about how to register a death in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland during the pandemic
- Staying Positive
Information about how to stay active and promote positive mental and physical health, from Leicestershire Cares' website
- Transport for Vaccination Appointments
Information about community transport schemes which can help to transport people to and from their vaccination appointments
- Vaccine Confidence
A tool to help engage in healthy conversations around vaccine confidence
- VCSE - State of The Sector Report (December 2020)
A report undertaken by Leicestershire County Council in December 2020, regarding the impacts of the pandemic on the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
- Volunteering in Leicestershire during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Information from Voluntary Action Leicestershire for people who wish to volunteer to help others during the current crisis
- Volunteer with British Red Cross
Help your community in the fight against Covid-19 by becoming a Community Reserve Volunteer.
- Volunteer for the NHS during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Information from the GoodSAM website about how to join the army of volunteers to help the NHS at this challenging time.