Leicestershire Communities Fund - Round 2
Additional funding has been agreed by Leicestershire County Council to support community organisations in the areas of the County affected by the extended lockdown.
A total of £100,000 is being made available for a limited period of time (until 24th July 2020), for organisations operating in the affected electoral divisions only.
The maximum amount available to any one organisation will be £2,000 and the minimum amount is £500.
The deadline for Round 2 of the Communities Fund has now passed. Applications can no longer be accepted.
Eligible Areas (Electoral Divisions)
The areas (electoral divisions) affected by the extended lockdown in Leicestershire are as follows:
- Blaby & Glen Parva (affected in part)
- Birstall (affected in part)
- Thurmaston Ridgemere (affected in part)
- East Wigston
- North Wigston
- South & West Wigston
- Glenfield, Kirby Muxloe and Leicester Forests (affected in part)
- Groby & Ratby (affected in part)
- Enderby and Lubbesthorpe (affected in part)
- Syston Ridgeway (affected in part)
Community organisations operating in those parts of the above Divisions that are within the lockdown area are able to apply for funding in Round 2 of the Communities Fund.
A map of the extended lockdown area can be seen here.
Criteria for Funding
Charities, community organisations and social enterprises who are delivering services within the areas of the County affected by the extended lockdown can apply for funding to assist with the following:
- Support for core running costs - for organisations who have experienced a loss of income due to services closing or operating at a reduced level and where this may lead to the permanent closure of the organisation
- Extra staffing - capacity required to meet existing or increased demand for services, to support vulnerable people during the lockdown
- Adapting services - the need to rapidly adapt current service delivery models to maintain contact with service users
- Equipment - funding for essential ICT, safety (such as PPE) or other essential equipment
- Community Buildings – funding to help with the safe re-opening, usage and cleansing of community buildings, to enable services to be delivered
- Transport - funding for use of vehicles, transport, fuel etc. to enable visits to service users
- Expenses - funding for increased expenses costs such as reimbursing travel costs for staff/volunteers who need to visit service users, if it safe to do so, in their home or in other locations.
- Other - anything else deemed acceptable in relation to the criteria for the Fund
We are particularly interested in supporting local community groups who are providing a vital service within local communities, including:
- support for vulnerable people, including those who are shielded
- support for those who are at a higher risk of contracting the virus
- support to improve the mental health and wellbeing of people living in areas of the County affected by the lockdown
Who can apply for funding
- Constituted community groups
- Social Enterprises/CICs
- Parish and Town Councils can apply on behalf of other community groups, including non-constituted groups
Funding decisions are due to be made in early August.
Application and Decision Making Process
The application and decision-making process will include the following:
- Officers in the Communities & Funding Teams will work with County Councillors from each of the divisions to support and process any applications received from local community groups in each division.
- Applications received will be assessed by an officer, to ensure the applying organisations and project proposals are appropriate and eligible for funding, based on the agreed criteria.
- Recommendations/proposals for each application will be made following consultation with the local County Councillor for each division.
- The decision for funding will be made by the Head of Communities, Policy & Resilience.
- Where the Head of Communities, Policy & Resilience is unable to make a decision regarding an application, this will be escalated to the Chief Executive for a final decision.
Any enquiries regarding Round 2 of the Leicestershire Communities Fund can be sent to: email@example.com