Leicestershire Communities Fund - Round 3
We are pleased to announce that a third round of funding has been agreed by Leicestershire County Council to enable charities, community groups and social enterprises to respond to the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.
A total of £600,000 is being made available in Round 3 of the Leicestershire Communities Fund for a limited period of time (until 22nd January 2021), for voluntary and community sector organisations to continue to provide essential services for vulnerable people and communities in Leicestershire.
The funding can also be used for community-based organisations to develop new and innovative ways of working, to help deliver services for vulnerable people more effectively now and in the future.
The maximum amount of funding available to any one organisation through this grant round is £15,000, and the application form is available below.
Criteria for Funding
Charities, community organisations and social enterprises who are delivering services for vulnerable people living in Leicestershire County can apply for funding for up to 12 months to assist with the following:
- Support for core running costs - for organisations who have experienced a loss of income due to services closing or operating at a reduced level and where this may lead to the permanent closure of the organisation
- Extra staffing - capacity required to meet existing or increased demand for services, to support vulnerable people during the pandemic
- Adapting services - the need to adapt service delivery models to ensure key services can continue to be delivered
- Transitional costs – costs associated with developing new ways of delivering services in the future, including partnership/collaborative approaches
- Equipment - funding for ICT equipment, safety/PPE equipment, or other capital costs for items/equipment deemed acceptable in relation to the fund
- Digital Inclusion – funding to help enable service users to access services using digital technology
- Community Buildings – funding to help with the safe re-opening, usage and cleansing of community buildings, to enable services to be delivered
- Transport - funding for use of vehicles, transport, fuel etc. to enable visits to service users
- Expenses - funding for increased expenses costs such as reimbursing travel costs for staff/volunteers who need to visit service users, if it safe to do so, in their home or in other locations.
- Other - anything else deemed acceptable in relation to the criteria for the Fund
Round 3 will have an additional focus on supporting community groups who are providing a vital service to local people during the pandemic, including:
- support for people who are described as clinically extremely vulnerable
- the provision of welfare and associated support for vulnerable and disadvantaged people and families, including money/debt advice services; employment related support; food bank and associated food provisions; and access to other essential supplies and equipment
- support to improve the mental health and wellbeing of people affected by the pandemic, including projects which reduce isolation and loneliness
Please note, in your application, you will need to clearly demonstrate how your organisation will use the funding to provide services for vulnerable people who are residents of Leicestershire.
Please also note that whilst faith-based organisations can apply for funding, we are unable to award grants for the purposed of delivering organised religious activities, including prayer and worship, or for any costs associated with the promotion of religion.
Who can apply for funding?
The following organisations are eligible to apply for funding in Round 3 of the Communities Fund:
- Constituted community groups
- Social Enterprises/CICs
- Faith-based organisations
- Parish and Town Councils can apply on behalf of other community groups, including non-constituted groups
Application and Decision Making Process
The application and decision-making process will include the following:
- Applications received will be assessed by an officer, to ensure the applying organisations and funding requests are appropriate and eligible, based on the agreed grant fund criteria.
- The decision for funding will be made by the Head of Communities, Policy & Resilience.
- Where the Head of Communities, Policy & Resilience is unable to make a decision regarding an application, this will be escalated to the Chief Executive for a final decision.
The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd January 2021.
Funding decisions are due to be made by the end of January 2021.
Applicants will be informed of final decisions as early as practical in February 2021.
Grant payments will be made in advance of expenditure being incurred, as soon as possible following our receipt of signed grant offer documentation from successful applicants.
Enquiries regarding Round 3 of the Leicestershire Communities Fund can be sent to: email@example.com
Leicestershire Communities Fund 2020 Round 3 - Application Form
Data Protection Declaration 2020 21 (PDF, 94 Kb)