Co-Production - Making Something Together
Bringing people together who care about, work in and use social care. Putting together ideas, knowledge and experience to achieve positive results.
Co-production is a meeting of equals; designing and delivering adult social care and support.
What does Co-Production in Adult Social Care really mean?
It means everyone recognising that:
- people who use services are often the best people to design them
- everyone has something to give
- no one is more important than anyone else
- everyone has responsibilities
- we need to get rid of the boundaries between professionals and people who use services
It means the Council:
- seeing what skills and experiences people have and not seeing people only as 'people who use services'
It will also mean different things to different people. Different levels of time given, skills and experiences shared or responsibilities taken on.