Leicestershire Cares is a charity that utilises connections with the business sector to undertake projects that deliver social outcomes.
During the pandemic, Leicestershire Cares' staff, along with volunteers from local businesses, have established a number of innovative solutions to help local people during the lockdown. This includes online/virtual dance and fitness sessions; online cooking tutorials; virtual guided meditation sessions; online quizzes.
Some of the activities and achievements which have taken place during the lockdown have included:
- Coordinating delivery of food and essential items to community groups and individuals
- Supporting people to get online, using remote support.
- Offering virtual one to one and group support sessions to isolated and vulnerable young people.
- Producing information and activity packs.
- Running a wide range of fun online group activities. These have ranged from cooking classes to quizzes from wellbeing sessions to film nights.
- Continuing to support job seekers to develop employability skills.
- Using creative media to enable the voices and lived experience of young people to be heard by decision makers
- Offering practical support to a wide range of community groups Leicester and Leicestershire, including businesses supplying PPE to frontline staff.
- Linking community groups up with businesses who are making staff redundant, so they can offer support.
- Thu, 28 May 2020