- Leicestershire Neighbourhood Planning Toolkit
- DCLG Neighbourhood Planning Case Studies
- Planning Handy Guide 2012 5 Final (PDF, 2.5 Mb)
This guide provides a general overview of the planning system, including local plans, planning applications and appeals
- Neighbourhood Planning Champions
There are over 40 Neighbourhood Planning Champions are spreading the message about neighbourhood planning, to help to build on and expand the growing neighbourhood planning movement.
- Planning Aid England
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) provide a large number of guidance documents, support, advice, videos and case studies on a variety of different aspects of Neighbourhood Planning.
- Introduction to Neighbourhood Planning (PDF, 52 Kb)
The Department for Communities and Local Government have produced this guide for designed for communities wanting to undertake a Neighbourhood Plan.
- How to Shape Where You Live (PDF, 3.6 Mb)
The Campaign to Protect Rural England and the National Association of Local Council's have collaborated to produce this guide.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Planning Advisory Service provide a Neighbourhood Planning Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Planning Advisory Service
The Planning Advisory Service provide a range of useful information on Neighbourhood Planning.
- Road Map Guide to Neighbourhood Planning (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
Locality have produced this detailed guide to lead you through the Neighbourhood Planning process (includes worksheets and roadmap)
- Quick Guide (PDF, 392 Kb)
Produced by Locality, this quick guide gives a short, step-by-step summary of the process for producing a Neighbourhood Plan and sets out best practice.
- The National Picture
View a map of Neighbourhood Plans throughout England. You can also obtain contact information and known current status for a particularly plan.
- Housing & Planning Act 2016 (PDF, 1.4 Mb)
- LeicesterShire Statistics & Research
LSR On-Line provides access to data, maps and reports about communities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Study of Future Growth in Leicester and Leicestershire
The Study contains key evidence about the future need for housing and employment land in Leicester and Leicestershire
- LCC - Accommodation Strategy for Older People 2016-2026 (PDF, 409 Kb)
Retirement housing needs to be a positive choice which enables older people to feel part of the community they choose, and provide the lifestyle that supports their wider health and wellbeing. It is hoped that this strategy will help start the debate locally, encourage individuals and communities to plan for later life and enable greater autonomy, choice and control.
- NP Status Details June 2017 (PDF, 164 Kb)