BCT Get involved in shaping Community Health Services
Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 10:33
The Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (the organisations which plan and buy health services), are encouraging local people to get involved in shaping the future of local community health services.
Community health services cover a wide range of care, from supporting patients to manage their long-term conditions to treating those who are seriously ill with complex conditions.
The CCGs are considering how these services could be delivered in future as part of Better Care Together, the partnership working to transform local healthcare.
Since August 2018, the CCGs have been gathering people's experiences to influence this work. This has included listening to the views and experiences of patients, carers, and health and care professionals.The CCGs would like to share what has been learnt so far and to hear views on what the future could look like.
You can attend one of the following six interactive workshops:
- Monday 11th February 2019, 2.00pm to 4.00pm - Wycliffe Rooms, 27 George Street, Lutterworth, LE17 4ED
- Tuesday 12th February 2019, 6.00pm to 8.00pm – NSPCC National Training Centre, 3 Gilmour Close, Beaumont Leys, LE4 1EZ
- Tuesday 26th February 2019, 6.00pm to 8.00pm – Rutland County Council, Catmose House, Catmose Street, Oakham LE15 6HP
- Wednesday 27th February, 6.00pm – 8.00pm - Heartwood Conference Centre, Rothley House, Coalville Business Park, Coalville, LE67 3NR
- Tuesday 5th March 2019, 2.00pm to 4.00pm - Holiday Inn, 299 Leicester Road Wigston Fields, Leicester LE18 1JW
- Wednesday 6th March 2019, 2.00pm to 4.00pm - Leicestershire Voluntary Action, 9 Newarke Street, Leicester LE1 5SN
The events are open to all and findings from the workshops will assist to put together a future plan of what community health services should look like, ensuring they are integrated with other health and care services to improve the health and wellbeing of patients and their family carers.