SHIRE Recycling Grant 2017 -18
The SHIRE Recycling Grant programme for 2017-18 is now OPEN.
Leicestershire County Council is committed to minimising the amount of waste that is thrown away. In order to help achieve this, the Council is offering £3,000 in the form of SHIRE Recycling Grants.
These grants will be available for eligible community based organisations to deliver local waste prevention, recycling and composting projects and activities.
We are particularly interested in funding new and innovative projects that will:
- Reduce household waste, divert waste from disposal and optimise levels of recycling and composting in a cost effective way.
- Reduce the amount of waste produced in Leicestershire by waste reduction, reuse and recycling and encouraging resourcefulness through repairing, refurbishing, repurposing, sharing, swapping and composting.
- Enable residents and communities to get involved in waste related initiatives and support permanent changes in individual behaviours.
Application Process & Guidance Notes
Before completing the Application Form, please read the Guidance Notes carefully. The Guidance Notes contain important details about the criteria for funding, along with the Council's process for awarding funds.
If you have any queries about the grant fund criteria or process, or if you would like to request a paper copy of the Guidance Notes or application form, please call the Waste Initiatives team on (0116) 305 7005, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHIRE Recycling Grant Guidance Notes (PDF, 246 Kb)
Apply for a SHIRE Recycling Grant
The application for the SHIRE Recycling Grant needs to be completed using the Application Form.
- SHIRE Recycling Grant Application Form (MS Word, 197 Kb)
Although applications can be received at any time, the SHIRE Recycling Grants programme will operate a series of deadlines and decision meetings. The deadlines for 2017-18 are outlined below:
Deadlines for applications
Decisions to be communicated to applicants by:
Tuesday 31st October 2017
Mid December 2017
Wednesday 31st January 2018
Mid March 2018