Nominate a local community organisation for the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service
Posted: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:04
The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service is the highest award given to local volunteer groups across the UK to recognise outstanding work done in their own communities.
The group being nominated must:
- have at least two people doing volunteering work, and have been running for 3 years
- have more volunteers than paid staff
- provide a local service and meet a need for people living in the community
- be supported, recognised and respected by the local community and the people who benefit from it
- have significantly benefitted others and demonstrated excellence in volunteering
Winning groups receive:
- a certificate signed by The Queen and a domed glass crystal, presented personally by HM Lord-Lieutenant; and
- two representatives from the group will be invited to attend a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
You can submit a nomination for a deserving local community organisation online here.
Please note that anyone nominating a group/organisation for the Award needs to be independent of the group that is being nominated.
Nominations need to be made by 13th September 2019
For further information, plase contact the Leicestershire Lieutenancy Office:
Tel: (0116) 305 6002