The SHIRE Community Climate Change Grant for 2019/2020 is now OPEN
The SHIRE Community Climate Change grants scheme will continue for 2019-2020.
Groups and organisations are being encouraged to apply to help them to reduce their carbon emissions by improving their community buildings.
The grant fund is for community projects in Leicestershire (not Leicester City or Rutland) that help to improve the energy efficiency of community buildings and make local environmental changes to help reduce carbon emissions.
A maximum grant of £5,000 per applicant is available for projects in any one financial year. Grants are available for:
- EPC's (Energy Performance Certificate) or DEC's (Display Energy Certificate) of community buildings
- Installation of energy efficiency measures such as new heating systems, roof or cavity wall insulation or low energy lighting
- Installation of renewable energy systems
Who can apply
- Parish and town councils
- Local community groups
- Faith groups and charities
- Village/community building management committees
Application forms, conditions and guidance
Please read the Guidelines and Grant Aid Conditions before completing the grant application form.
Once completed please send it with supporting documents to the contact details provided in the Grant Application Pack.
The first round will close on:
- Friday 28th June 2019
For more information please contact Nailesh.Ramaiya@leics.gov.uk or tel 0116 3058111
Guidelines and conditions (MS Word, 445 Kb)
Application Form Energy Audits & Projects July 17 V2.0 (MS Word, 527 Kb)