HS2 - High Speed Rail Developments
Leicestershire Communities is using this page to share information related to the development of High Speed Rail (HS2). Phase 2 of the roll-out of HS2 includes the Birmingham - Leeds stretch which is proposed to pass through Leicestershire.
We will add new information as and when it becomes available.
Route Announcement - July 2017
The Government have now confirmed the high speed rail lines between Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield and the East Midlands
PUBLIC INFORMATION EVENTS 2017
A series of Information Events for households across the Phase 2b line of route will be taking place during September 2017. At the events residents, businesses, landowners and other interested stakeholders along the Phase 2b line of route will be able to find out how the design for the route will be developed and the environmental impacts assessed. Attendees will also be able to discuss how the timetable for Phase 2b is progressing and the process by which stakeholders will have the opportunity to have their say.
Events taking place locally:-
Wednesday 13th September 2017 - 14:00hrs to 20:00hrs
Measham Leisure Centre, 22 High Street, Measham, DE12 7HR
Thursday 21st September 2017 - 14:00hrs to 20:00hrs
West Park Leisure Centre, Wilsthorpe Road, Long Eaton, NG10 4AA
Monday 25th September 2017 - 14:00hrs to 20:00hrs
Best Western Yew Lodge Hotel, 33 Packington Hill, Kegworth, DE74 2DF
Please check www.gov.uk/hs2 for any changes to event details. You can also visit the website for details about other information events and the information being presented.
HS2 Ltd - Information Leaflets
- Constructing Phase 2b (PDF, 187 Kb)
- Economic Case for HS2 (PDF, 171 Kb)
- Government Hybrid Bills (PDF, 184 Kb)
- Journey Times (PDF, 163 Kb)
- Mitigating Impacts (PDF, 241 Kb)
- Noise (PDF, 244 Kb)
- Phase 2b Depots (PDF, 174 Kb)
- Residents Charter (PDF, 98 Kb)
- Route Corridor (PDF, 195 Kb)
- Scheme Development (PDF, 295 Kb)
- Strategic Case for HS2 (PDF, 157 Kb)
- Strategic Interfaces (PDF, 209 Kb)
- Train Types (PDF, 193 Kb)
RAIL STRATEGY FOR LEICESTER & LEICESTERSHIRE
Leicestershire County Council have been working in partnership with Leicester City Council and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) to develop a Draft Rail Strategy for the county which includes HS2 (Phase 2) proposals.
Following outcomes of the Strategy and Government announcements in respect of the HS2 Toton Station, a report will be submitted to Cabinet in March seeking to undertake engagement of the Draft Rail Strategy and setting out proposals for the Authority to revise its formal position on the HS2 Eastern Leg.
To view a full copy of the report CLICK HERE
HS2 Resident's Charter
The Government has launched a new Residents’ Charter which sets the standard for communicating with people who live along or near the route of the HS2 route. HS2 Ltd has appointed a residents’ commissioner to ensure that the standards set out in this charter are met.
As its Cabinet Meeting on 15th January 2014, Leicestershire County Council Cabinet discussed its proposed response to the Government's consultation on HS2 Phase 2 preferred route and stations.
You can view the full report 'High Speed Rail (HS2) Phase 2: West Midlands to Leeds HS2 Consultation: Proposed Response on Implications for Leicestershire'and related appendices on the Leicestershire County Council website Click Here
Exceptional Hardship Scheme (Phase 2)
You may be able to sell your property to the government at its open market value as if HS2 wasn’t going to be built (known as ‘unblighted’ value) if all of the following apply:
- you live in a property near to the proposed Phase 2 HS2 route
- you haven’t been able to sell your property at its market value because of HS2
- you bought your property before 28 January 2013
- you need to sell your property urgently otherwise would suffer ‘exceptional hardship’, eg you need to move to work
For more information, please follow the link below:
Presentations & Other relevant information
- September 2015 HS2 update East Midlands
HS2ltd autumn 2015 newsletter, East Midlands edition.
- Bill Select Committee - First Special Report
Link to the House of Commons Report issued 23rd March 2015.
- HS2 Ltd Presentation to the Valley Community Forum - 18th September 2013 (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
Presentation given by HS2 Limited at the Valley Community Forum held on 18th September 2013.
- HS2 Ltd Presentation to the Ashby, Measham & Moira Community Forum - 2 October 2013 (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
Presentation given by HS2 Limited at the Ashby, Measham & Moira Community Forum held on 2nd October 2013 at Ivanhoe College.