Welcome To Information for Communities
This section of the website includes links to useful information for residents, communities and those involved in running community groups. You will also be able to get updates on relevant communities-related issues, as well as find some inspirational case studies from local community projects. Below is a list of topics of interest:
Communities Information & Support Provided by Leicestershire County Council
Information and Support Provided By Partners
Support for community groups available through Voluntary Action Leicestershire:
- Volunteering - includes advice and support for organisations who use volunteers, and for people interested in become involved in volunteering
- Group Support - a range of information for community groups, including advice around accessing funding, governance, business planning and training.
- Training - information on training activities for community groups.
Support for community groups available through RCC:
- Good Neighbour Schemes - support and advice to help communities to set up and run volunteer-led Good Neighbour Schemes
- Community Buildings Service - this service is available to provide professional advice and support to volunteers and Parish Councils who have responsibility for operating village halls and other community buildings
Social Enterprise Support:
CASE delivers advice, support and training to people who want to set up a social enterprise, community interest company or a co-operative.
Information for Parish Councils:
The LRALC (Leicestershire & Rutland Association of Local Councils) is a membership organisation which provides information, advice and support to Parish/Town Councils.